Forum home | User list | Register | Login You are not logged in.

Announcement
News for 2010: Love Outside Andromeda's singer, Sianna Lee, is launching her solo career! Check her out at www.siannalee.com

Love Outside Andromeda / Love Outside Andromeda / Website Downtime? Moderated by cornflake girl, loaprincess  
Author
Message Pages: 1
cglassy99

Anyone know as to why the website has been down these past few weeks?

I got a bit worried when I saw this comment on Wiki pop up recently,

"The website has since gone offline, suggesting that the band have unoffically split."

Hope everyone had a great Easter break.

17th April 2007 1:01 pm

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

No idea why it went down. It worried me also. I've resigned myself -= mostly, kinda, not really- to the fact that it maybe entirely possible, but until i hear it from them i'll keep assuming the best.

Perhaps joe, daniel or someone got wind of that statement and thus got it back up again??

Lets keep hoping for now, shall we?

Last edited by loaprincess (19th April 2007 10:06 pm)

19th April 2007 10:05 pm

daniel
Administrator

Technical complication with the domain name registrar. Kudos to the hasty advocates of Wikipedia for picking it up faster than I did!

All is well now.

23rd April 2007 12:28 pm
E-mail | Website  
loaprincess
Fanclub Member

good to hear :)

23rd April 2007 10:00 pm

jebu

I thought work had banned the LOA site from the computers-glad I can get back on now and fill in time from what I should proably be doing.

24th April 2007 6:44 am

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

ita a good way to look busy, huh? :)

24th April 2007 11:45 pm

Zombos
Lord of the Undead?

*Phew*

I was worried about the website being down... it kinda suggested things... but it's good to see it back up again!

25th April 2007 8:38 am

jebu

Yeah, its another way I can fill in time, and look busy, I know there are timewaster internet sites, but this is more social, and I guess we all share a common interest in musical tastes. Other bands Ive seen and liked other than LOA lately were:
Howling Bells, Bit by Bats, Sub Audible Hum (LOA support), the Drones, The Black Hearts Procession, plus the Big Day Out Bands. One of the good things about Newcastle as compared to the Central Coast where I grew up are that we get alot more live bands up here. Any suggestions to other music thats similiar to the LOA sound?

25th April 2007 10:37 am

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

no one sounds like LOA- thats whats makes this year such a long one!- but epicure, the devoted few, 78 saab are also good. ve also been litening to a bit of sarah mcleod lately. Shes been around forever- i think i miss a strong female voice.

I think LOA will be back- they wouldnt keep paying for a website they didnt intend to use and the if nothing else the way everyone picked up on it being down and got worried shows them the strong fan support they have. That has to make them feel good.

Last edited by loaprincess (26th April 2007 5:49 am)

25th April 2007 9:44 pm

jebu

Mmm, hopefully the year will pass quickly. Ill check out the similar bands. I too prefer a strong female vocalist- I wish P.J. Harvey was still touring

26th April 2007 7:16 am

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

dont we all!!

26th April 2007 10:10 pm

Joe's Brother's Friend
I knew them before they were famous!

For female artists... try Cat Power, obviously Sarah Blasko, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Grates.

30th April 2007 11:33 pm

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

ok, im back.. just moved into a place of my own. all unpacked. god, loa sound good on the sound system in the new place- makes me miss them even more!

J.B.F - tell joe- if you see him- that the signed poster from melbourne- is finally up on tattooed nutbags'- he'll know who mean i think- wall.. first thing to be seen as you walk in my place.

i like sarah blaskos' voice but find her dance moves on stage- like a puppet or human robot thing- distracting :)

3rd May 2007 8:11 am

thissleepyday

i heart miss sarah.

10th May 2007 6:41 am

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

sleepy your back.. i like her too and yet her dance = distracting :) nice to see you

10th May 2007 8:45 am

nateshea
Fanclub Member

Obviously you guys have been paying greater attention than me, but I would like to think if they decided to break up, that Joe or someone else would come and post and tell us... I think they would - they've always been upfront and honest with us in the past.

On the other hand, I think we should prepare for Jan 1 to bombard them with messages and e-mails and the like :)

10th May 2007 12:48 pm

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

oh bombardment will indeed occur.. he he.

10th May 2007 9:51 pm

dougiehuntingseason
Nurse/Indie Rock Pig

I did, however, read an interview with Matt Thomas, in regards to his band, the Blow Waves, that Jamie plays in. Matt mentioned that LOA was Jamie's 'previous' band... Now, I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist.... but... (wait, that DOES sound like one!)

Thoughts?

14th June 2007 4:44 am
Website  
Zombos
Lord of the Undead?

Uh-oh.

14th June 2007 10:04 am

loaprincess
Fanclub Member

oh no

11th July 2007 8:42 am

loaprincess